martes, 12 de mayo de 2015

Coverage to Care: No Longer Fighting Depression Alone

Dept. of Health & Human Services
May 12, 2015
By: Andrea Jahen, 24, Austin, Texas
I spent the last 10 years fighting depression, virtually on my own. As a part-time waitress and college student, I couldn’t afford health insurance to get the care I needed. Some days, I couldn’t get out of bed. I had a sense of despair--but I’m so glad I don’t have to feel that way anymore.
When quality health insurance that I could afford became available through the Health Insurance Marketplace, I signed up for a plan that cost me $32 a month after tax credits. My coverage for 2015 went up $19, but it’s still affordable for me and has the benefits I need.
Andrea Jahen, 24, Austin, Texas, speaks at an Open Enrollment event Austin, Texas with Secretary Burwell on February 13, 2015.
Having health coverage made seeking treatment for my depression easier.  I was able to see a doctor who prescribed antidepressants, which cost me only $4 a month. Now I’m moving forward. I can get up in the morning. I can walk the dog. I can go to work.
READ MORE: Coverage to Care: No Longer Fighting Depression Alone
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios: