jueves, 23 de abril de 2020

FAQs on Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2 | FDA

FAQs on Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2 | FDA





April 22 Update: New Information on Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2

Thank you for your interest in the development of diagnostics for SARS-CoV-2.  

The FDA recently:

Updated the answer to the question:
  • I am having trouble obtaining viral transport media/universal transport media (VTM/UTM) and a flocked nasopharyngeal swab to collect and transport patient samples. Are there alternatives that I can use?
  • If I do not have assay positive control material, how can I obtain it?
  • If I do not have human extraction control material, how can I obtain it?

Added the following frequently asked question and answer:
  • I am developing a SARS-CoV-2 test.  What test materials are appropriate for assay validation?

No hay comentarios: