lunes, 6 de mayo de 2019

A note to Go West readers

Go West
By Rebecca Robbins
Dear Go West readers,

Rebecca Robbins here, writing to you from my base in San Francisco. For the past six months, I’ve had a blast bringing you the latest news from the West Coast’s health sector each and every Wednesday morning.

I want to let you know about an upcoming change in how Go West will look in your inbox each week. Starting Wednesday, May 15, I’ll no longer be writing you a dispatch. Instead, the newsletter will convert into a weekly digest of STAT’s coverage of the West Coast, featuring links to stories written by me and my colleagues. Going forward, you’ll get that email around 8 a.m. PT/11 a.m. ET each Wednesday, no action from you required.

If you’d like to keep hearing from me directly each week, I have good news: I’m going to be launching a new weekly newsletter covering the ways in which tech is transforming health care and the life sciences on a national and even international scale.

The new newsletter will be called STAT Health Tech, and I’ll be writing it with my STAT colleague Casey Ross, STAT’s national technology correspondent who’s based in Cleveland. What will that look like? We’ll be watching Big Tech companies and ambitious startups. We’ll be tracking academic research, new software tools and wearables, and clinical trials. And we’ll be exploring big questions about how patients’ data get used and controlled.

If you’re interested in signing up for STAT Health Tech (it’s free!), you can do so here. You’ll get that email shortly after 6 a.m. PT/9 a.m. ET each Wednesday, starting on May 15.

We’re making these changes because we don’t want to be constrained by geography in writing about the intersection of tech and medicine. Rest assured, we’re just as dedicated as ever to covering health care, biotech, and life sciences on the West Coast. But now, we’re going to do it in a way that we hope gives you an even fuller picture of the technological revolution in biology.
Thanks for reading. See you on Wednesday for a final written edition of Go West,
Rebecca Robbins

No hay comentarios: