Leading Research to Understand, Treat, and Prevent Infectious, Immunologic, and Allergic Diseases
Visit us on the Web
May 7, 2014, NIAID Funding Newsletter
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Perspectives From NIAID's Experiences With Open Data Sharing You may be aware of several efforts to improve transparency and access to research data. Read the full article.
Opportunities and Resources
Apply to Be a Lasker Clinical Research Scholar It may be worthwhile to check out a recent funding opportunity announcement (FOA) for the Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Program, which provides a unique combination of NIH funding for up to 12 years. Read the full article.
A New Stepping Stone Toward HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Investigators who anticipate initiating future clinical trials to develop interventions and services that treat or prevent HIV should check out the new HIV/AIDS-specific clinical trial planning grant (R34). Read the full article.
An Opportunity to Support DAIT's Clinical Research Programs A recent funding opportunity announcement (FOA) could be for you if you're interested in leading a Statistical and Clinical Coordinating Center (SACCC) for NIAID's Division of Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation (DAIT). Read the full article.
Funding for Big Data Training Programs If you're looking to beef up your institution's training program or start a new one, take note of three new funding opportunities announcements (FOAs) intended to develop a new cohort of scientists who have the knowledge and skills to develop "big data" tools and methods. Read the full article.
In The News
Important Info for Small Businesses Any small business that plans on submitting an application to NIH should be checking the SBIR/STTR News Flash Page regularly. It's a great resource for news and advice. Read the full article.
Attention Career Development Applicants: Foreign Components Are Allowed We have good news for those interested in submitting a career development award (K) application with a foreign component. Read the full article.
- May Webinar to Discuss High-Priority Areas of HIV Cure Research
- Patent Holders Can Apply for Humanitarian Recognition
- Improvements to Financial Conflict of Interest Module in eRA Commons
Know What to Look for When Choosing a Mentor If you're interested in applying for a fellowship or mentored career development (K) award, you'll need to find a principal investigator (PI) to serve as your mentor. Read the full article.
Highlighting Synergy in Multiproject Applications When reviewers score your multiproject application’s overall program, they consider the synergy among your projects.Read the full article.
- To renew a training grant, should I submit IRB and IACUC protocol approvals for mentors whose students are no longer being supported?
- How does the big grant policy apply to program project applications?
New Funding Opportunities
- PAR-14-206, HIV Vaccine Research and Design (HIVRAD) Program
- PAR-14-201, Administrative Supplements for Research on Dietary Supplements
- BAA-NIAID-DMID-NIHAI2014009, Advanced Development of Multiplex Diagnostic Platforms for Infectious Diseases
- BAA-NIAID-DAIT-NIHAI2014001, Development of Medical Countermeasures to Mitigate and/or Treat Radiation-Induced Lung Injury After a Radiological/Nuclear Incident
- PAR-14-193, Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program
- RFA-OD-14-005, NIH Research Evaluation and Commercialization Hub (REACH) Awards
- RFA-OD-14-004, Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Program
- RFP-NIAID-DMID-NIHAI2014004, Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases: Regulatory Affairs Support
- RFA-HG-14-005, Revisions to Add Biomedical Big Data Training to Active Institutional Training Grants
- RFA-HG-14-004, Predoctoral Training in Biomedical Big Data Science
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org .
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario