Fighting Hepatitis and HIV Co-infection in Minority Communities
Hepatitis in Communities of Color: Strategies and Best Practices to Engage Consumers in Underserved Communities
The National Health IT Collaborative for the Underserved (NHIT Collaborative), in collaboration with OMHRC and Georgetown University is convening a Hepatitis Webinar on September 29, 2016.
This event will offer an opportunity to share pertinent information about hepatitis, and engage consumers and other interested parties. In addition, the event will help garner support and awareness from key stakeholders in underserved communities.
This meeting will bring together leaders in federal, private, and communities to discuss best practices in engaging and educating African-American, African, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Asian Pacific Islanders and Native American communities about hepatitis.
• Identify barriers to engagement among people of color
• Discuss strategies/options to overcome these barriers
• Learn about promising/best practices to engage consumers of color
• Present and discuss recommendations to build on current trends and successes
• Showcase federal and private sector efforts to raise awareness and address hepatitis impact on communities of color
• Encourage stakeholders to share and collaborate together to accelerate the reduction of prevalence of hepatitis in our communities