lunes, 25 de febrero de 2019

Introducing STAT's new Morning Rounds writer, Shraddha Chakradhar

STAT
Dear Morning Rounds readers,

Hi, folks! It's Megan. Since September 2015, I’ve been up bright and early every day to get Morning Rounds readers ahead of the day’s news in health and medicine. The very first newsletter featured a new HIV prevention effort from the Obama administration, a new MS drug from Roche, an FDA warning to Pathway Genomics — and a bright blue-tinted version of my face. In the time since, I’ve had a blast breaking down the latest study findings, interviewing scientists about cutting-edge research, and keeping you up to date on developments everywhere from the FDA to the WHO.

I’m so grateful to each of you for reading each day, for sharing your thoughts on the latest stories, and always giving me a nudge when I have a typo. Now, I’m moving into a new reporting role at STAT. And I’m happy to introduce our new Morning Rounds writer, Shraddha Chakradhar.
 

Hello, everyone! Shraddha here. Megan has done such a wonderful job with Morning Rounds, and I’m both excited and a little nervous to be taking over for her! A bit about me: I’ve spent the past nearly eight years in the Boston area in health and medical journalism. I was most recently a news editor and reporter at Nature Medicine, working on stories that covered the entire breadth of biomedical science, from bench science and drug discovery to clinical trials and new programs for improving patient care. Before that, I worked on the PBS science documentary series “NOVA.”  

And while I’ll be adjusting to the new wake-up call to get the newsletter out, I’m thrilled to now be the new face of Morning Rounds (headshot atop the newsletter and all!), and am looking forward to bringing you the same daily shot of health and medical news every morning. If you’d like to say hey, or offer your thoughts on the topics you’d like to see more of in the newsletter, you can reach me at shraddha.chakradhar@statnews.com.

I will take the reins next Monday, March 4. And please join me in wishing Megan the best of luck in her new role!

No hay comentarios: