martes, 6 de octubre de 2026
Before Saying Yes to the Medical Test, Know the Risks and Benefits By Blake Farmer, Nashville Public Radio, Cara Anthony, and Katherine Ruppelt, Nashville Public Radio Oct. 6, 2026
https://kffhealthnews.org/health-industry/healthq-medical-tests-overtesting-risks-benefits-mri-full-body-scans/?utm_campaign=KHN%3A%20First%20Edition&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--QRbYmFGKyCM6OZeI_L-X3l85EQhNliaihnMIHyVg04Ksc0N37FdC7TGVZ-pWpYxmq4SNv_JWgOA7dE353ReTsAmKobg&_hsmi=442748877&utm_content=442748877&utm_source=hs_email
By Blake Farmer, Nashville Public Radio, Cara Anthony, and Katherine Ruppelt, Nashville Public Radio Oct. 6, 2026
KFF Health News: Before Saying Yes To The Medical Test, Know The Risks And Benefits
When Lori Baute first learned about precautionary full-body MRI scans, she dismissed the idea. “ I heard Kim Kardashian got one, and some other wealthy people,” Baute said. But at 59, she was worried about her long-term health. She has a family history of cancer, and she’s a critical caregiver for her aging mom and her adult brother with special needs. After a close friend was diagnosed with bladder cancer, Baute decided to make an appointment with a clinic that offers full-body scans near where she lives in Ocala, Florida. Her results came back a week later. One major finding: She has lesions on her pancreas. “When I got that, I was really petrified,” she said. (Farmer, Anthony and Ruppelt, 10/6)
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)


No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario