lunes, 13 de agosto de 2018

Celebrating America’s Health Centers: Our Healthcare Heroes | HHS.gov

Celebrating America’s Health Centers: Our Healthcare Heroes | HHS.gov

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services



Celebrating America’s Health Centers: Our Healthcare Heroes

By:  George Sigounas MS, Ph.D. , Administrator, Health Resources and Services Administration

 
Summary: 
Celebrating National Health Center Week, HRSA Administrator George Sigounas says community health centers protect and promote the health of America.
 
I wouldn’t be here today if not for this health center. I didn’t realize all the help they offer and how many people use them until I became a patient … The staff has always treated me with the utmost respect. I can never thank them enough. I’ll have a place in my heart for these folks for the rest of my life.” -Phillip, a patient at a health center in Virginia
For Phillip and more than 27 million other adults and children across the country, health centers provide affordable, high-quality and patient-centered primary healthcare that would otherwise be out of their reach.
Health centers use a holistic approach to patient care, treating the entire person by integrating mental health, oral health, substance use disorder and primary medical care services. The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) funds nearly 1,400 health centers operating more than 11,000 service delivery sites in communities across the country.  
Read More

No hay comentarios: