jueves, 10 de enero de 2019

AHRQ-Supported Commentary in JAMA Describes ‘4 Moments of Antibiotic Decision Making’

AHRQ News Now

AHRQ-Supported Commentary in JAMA Describes ‘4 Moments of Antibiotic Decision Making’

A commentary supported by AHRQ in JAMA describes the “4 Moments of Antibiotic Decision Making,” one of the core concepts of the AHRQ Safety Program for Improving Antibiotic Use. The "4 Moments," an easy-to-remember structured approach to apply in the acute-care setting or elsewhere, are: 
  • Does this patient have an infection that requires antibiotics?
  • Have I ordered appropriate cultures before starting antibiotics? What empiric therapy should I initiate? 
  • A day or more has passed. Can I stop antibiotics? Can I narrow therapy? Can I change from intravenous to oral therapy?
  • What duration of antibiotic therapy is needed for this patient’s diagnosis?
Access the article for more information about the "4 Moments."

No hay comentarios: