DASH School-Based Surveillance
YRBSS, SHPPS, and School Health Profiles
December 9, 2015
CDC’s Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) released the 2014 School Health Profiles (Profiles) results on the DASH Healthy Youth website at www.cdc.gov/
The release includes:
- a comprehensive report that includes results from surveys conducted in:
- 48 states
- 19 large urban school districts
- 2 territories
- a fact sheet describing Profiles and highlighting key 2014 results
- a PowerPoint presentation that presents state results, by quartiles, on a U.S. map
- all questionnaires and item rationales
- information on how to obtain Profiles datasets
- technical documentation for data analysis
Profiles Background: The School Health Profiles (Profiles) is a system of surveys assessing school health policies and practices in states, large urban school districts, and territories. Profiles surveys are conducted biennially by education and health agencies among middle and high school principals and lead health education teachers.
If you would like to receive updates and announcements on School Health Profiles in the future, please subscribe to the School Health Profiles list.