AHRQ offers continuing education videos and articles on a range of health care topics, including patient safety and patient-centered outcomes research findings. The continuing education activities summarize reviews of evidence on the effectiveness and safety of treatments and strategies for improving patient care. These resources provide health care providers with skills and information to support individual decision-making and patient management. Access activities available at no cost and obtain continuing education credit.
AHRQ-Sponsored Continuing Education Activities
Patient Centered Outcomes Research
- Shared Decisionmaking Webinars—AHRQ’s SHARE Approach project offers accredited Webinars on topics related to the implementation of patient-centered outcomes research in shared decisionmaking.
- Effective Health Care Program Continuing Medical Education/Continuing Education (CME/CE) Activities—If you completed an AHRQ CE activity through PRIME Education at ce.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov and need to re-print a certificate, please visit primeinc.org .
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) CME/CE Activities—These evidence-based CE/CME courses offer information on preventing falls and pressure ulcers, among other topics.
Quality & Patient Safety
- AHRQ Patient Safety Education and Training Catalog—A national resource featuring a variety of classroom, self-study, and Web-based training opportunities. Select "Continuing Education" in the Content Area drop-down menu and the "Includes Certification" checkbox to show a list of courses offering credit.
- TeamSTEPPS® 2.0—Eligible for CME or Continuing Education Units (CEU) if health care professionals attend a 2 1/2-day training session at one of the National Implementation of TeamSTEPPS® training centers.
- TeamSTEPPS® 2.0 Online Master Trainer Course—This online training enables participants to receive a TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer certificate; continuing education is available for a variety of professions, including nurses, nurse practitioners, and physicians.
- AHRQ Web M&M (Morbidity and Mortality Rounds on the Web)—Web site features expert analysis of medical errors reported anonymously by our readers.
- AHRQ Health Literacy Modules—Physicians and nurses can earn CE credits while learning about the challenges in caring for patients with low health literacy as well as strategies to improve patient communication and care by taking the AHRQ-developed Health Literacy Knowledge Self-Assessment. OptumHealth Education is issuing continuing education for two activities: (1) An Updated Overview of Health Literacy and (2) Improving Health Literacy by Improving Communication Skills . (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.) Pediatricians and family physicians can earn credit for recertification (MOC Part 2) as well as CE by taking the Health Literacy Knowledge Self-Assessment through the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians, respectively.
- Patient Self-Management Support: Recertification Project for Clinicians (MOC Part IV & PI-CME)—AHRQ developed this interactive Web-based module to help clinicians (physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners) design and implement a quality improvement plan that solicits patient input to improve patient self-management support for those with chronic health conditions. The module includes several external resources on self-management support to aid clinicians in developing their quality improvement plans. Clinicians, working individually or collaboratively, can achieve board-specific recertification credentialing.
- Health Assessment: Recertification Project for Diversely Trained Clinicians (MOC Part IV & PA-QI)—AHRQ developed an evidence-based practice improvement guide and interactive Web-based modules that help diversified clinicians (physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners) design and implement a quality improvement plan to improve documentation of health assessments. Clinicians, working individually or collaboratively, can achieve board-specific recertification credentialing.
AHRQ Annual Conferences
- AHRQ Annual Conferences—Conference materials from the AHRQ Annual Conferences, including slide presentations and videos of plenary sessions (when available).
Page last reviewed November 2016
Page originally created February 2012
Page originally created February 2012