viernes, 21 de noviembre de 2014

Rachel’s I’m Covered Story

Dept. of Health & Human Services
Nov 20, 2014
By: Rachel F, North Carolina
YouTube Embedded Video: Surf's Up: Rachel's #GetCovered Story
To go surfing is pretty freeing – and really humbling to go out there in this vast body of water where you’re one of the smallest things in the ocean. Your life gets put into perspective quickly when you try to catch a wave and completely wipe out – the ocean has no mercy on you. Like an ocean, a new baby also puts your life into perspective.
My husband Robert and I run a surf school with some partners, and it’s the ultimate dream to be able to do what you love and make money at it. But Robert and I had individual health insurance policies that totaled about $300 a month and didn’t cover much. And while that’s expensive, we knew that expanding our family would make it prohibitive — adding maternity coverage would have boosted my policy by another $600.
Before the Marketplace, I don’t know that we would have been able to get insurance after we had our baby because it was so expensive. Fortunately, the Health Insurance Marketplaceopened for enrollment while I was pregnant, and we found a plan that covers both my husband and me and included maternity coverage.
Read More: Rachel's I'm Covered Story
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios: