jueves, 12 de enero de 2017

#CoverageMatters: Artists Day of Action

Dept. of Health & Human Services

#CoverageMatters: Artists Day of Action

#CoverageMatters: Artists Day of Action
Music is my life. I’m a lead guitarist and a singer with my sister Kim in the Breeders and other bands.
But, in order to pursue my passion, I had to make sacrifices, and health insurance was one of them. Prior to the Affordable Care Act, as many artists know, health insurance on the individual market was hard to come by at an affordable price.
For me, having a pre-existing thyroid condition, coupled with an uncertain paycheck from touring, recording and song writing meant I couldn’t afford health insurance.
And that was probably true for other artists as well.
Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, I’ve been able to afford health insurance as a single, self-employed female for the first time in my life – and it feels really good. It’s something that I can budget for. I feel empowered to be a participant in my health care.
But this security is now in jeopardy for millions of Americans, like myself, and especially musicians, artists and others who rely on the Affordable Care Act. So as part of the #CoverageMatters campaign, we are designating today, January 12, as Artists Day of Action.
So if you are a musician, writer, actor, painter, poet, sculptor, or artist of any stripe, share your story about why you support the law, what it’s done for you and any personal Affordable Care Act story you or your families and friends may have on social media using #CoverageMatters.
READ MORE: #CoverageMatters: Artists Day of Action
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios: