March 21, 2018 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Before you apply for NIAID funding, you should first know whether your proposed research includes a select agent and how to proceed if it does.
Opportunities and Resources
Soon you can apply to conduct a prospective longitudinal study of the impact of initial influenza exposure on immunity in infants.
NIAID supports three new funding opportunity announcements for administrative supplements on sex/gender influences and populations and underrepresented women's health.
Apply to conduct early stage research capable of developing antigen-specific or highly targeted ways to control autoimmunity in Type 1 diabetes.
In The News
Through a recently issued request for information, NIH seeks comments and suggestions on topics under consideration for the first Strategic Plan for Data Science.
Check out the recordings, transcripts, and slides from two webinars that the NIH Small Business Program Office hosted in February 2018.
Watch presentations from a conference on cancer, autoimmunity, and immunology for free online this Thursday and Friday.
You should contact a NIAID program officer at least 10 weeks before the receipt date when applying to conduct an investigator-initiated clinical trial.
- Can I increase my effort on a grant without increasing my salary and thus keep my budget the same?
- What percentage of the NIH budget is spent on extramural research?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFA-AI-18-005, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Cooperative Research Centers (CRC): Vaccine Development (U19 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- RFA-AI-18-004, Genomic Centers for Infectious Diseases (U19 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-713, Administrative Supplements for Research on Sexual and Gender Minority (SGM) Populations (Admin Supp)
- PAR-18-712, Investigations on Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases/Inborn Errors of Immunity (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- RFA-AI-18-003, Autoimmunity Centers of Excellence, Clinical Research Program (UM1 Clinical Trial Required)
- RFA-AI-18-002, Autoimmunity Centers of Excellence, Basic Research Program (U19 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
See other announcements at Opportunities & Announcements.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com.