April is Alcohol Awareness Month
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism recommends that people over 65 should have no more than seven drinks a week, and no more than three drinks on any one day. Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers
alcohol misuse screening & counseling. This is covered
Monthly Partner Update Webinar
April 3, 2018 2:30- 3:30 pm ET
This webinar will cover:
- Blue Button 2.0 – A developer-friendly, standards-based API that enables people with Medicare to connect their claims data to the applications, services and research programs they trust.
- Periodic Data Matching – An overview of the 4th round of Medicare periodic data matching.
- Oncology Care Model – Enhanced services such as care coordination, navigation, and national treatment guidelines for care.
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers & Systems Report – Includes measures on hospice care and hospital survey results.
To register, go to Meetings-cms.webex.com/
Upon registration, you will receive an email from "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the webinar link and dial in information. Follow the instructions in the email to attend.
Monthly Learning Series Webinar
April 12, 2018 1:00 – 2:30 pm ET
In observance of Minority Health Month, the CMS Office of Minority Health (OMH) will present “From Coverage to Care” which will:
- Describe the work of OMH, their mission, and vision
- Explain their suite of materials that help explain health insurance coverage and how to connect to primary care, preventive, and behavioral health services
- Summarize resources for individuals and partners
To join the webinar, visit events-cms.webex.com/
Newly Posted Training Materials
March Learning Series Webinar: New Medicare Card - recording
Did You Know?
Earth Day is April 22 – Encourage people with Medicare to go paperless. They can sign up to get other Medicare resources electronically, like Medicare Summary Notices and the “Medicare & You” handbook.
National Volunteer Week is April 15-22, 2018 –Thanks to all the volunteers who work to help people with Medicare make informed decisions about their health care. Visit CMS Program Resources training module to keep up-to-date on the many resources available to help you and your partners.
Reminder: A New NTP Website Coming Soon! The CMS National Training Program is upgrading our website to a Learning Management System. Soon, you'll be able to take self-paced, online courses that will help you and those you work with, make well-informed choices about their coverage! We will announce it when the new site is available.