Public comments are due October 14 on a cross-setting post-acute care measure under the Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act of 2014 (IMPACT Act) to meet the domain of incidence of major falls, for application in home health. CMS seeks comments on:
- Introduce falls with major injury data elements for capturing data for a falls with major injury measure in the incidence of major falls domain for home health patients
- Refine measure specifications
- Identify setting-specific needs/concerns/barriers for capturing falls with major injury information using the data elements
- Gather feedback on importance, feasibility, usability and potential impact of adding falls with major injury data elements for quality measurement as new items to the OASIS item set
- Identify additional guidance required for the implementation in home health
Visit the Public Comment webpage for more information.