Download New Community Action Guide To Support Infants and Young Children
Supporting Infants, Toddlers, and Families Impacted by Caregiver Mental Health Problems, Substance Abuse, and Trauma: A Community Action Guide presents resources that service providers, advocates, and practitioners can use to better understand and respond to young children whose caregivers are negatively affected by these issues. The Guide offers information, resources, and tips useful for engaging the wider community to come together for children and families in need of support.
The Guide is outlined in five sections:
- Section 1 focuses on the importance of early development for children from birth to age 5.
- Section 2 looks at the newest research on how toxic stress can harm brain development.
- Section 3 emphasizes building a sturdy foundation for young children with family and the surrounding community.
- Section 4 outlines a six-step roadmap for action.
- Section 5 provides resources and references to help you move forward.
The problems facing families today are complex. Fortunately, small changes can have big impacts. Working together—connecting community resources and groups—enables us all to work more efficiently to help families benefit from resources that are coordinated and responsive to their needs. This Guide is meant to serve as a resource in support of this improved approach.
Download Supporting Infants, Toddlers, and Families Impacted by Caregiver Mental Health Problems, Substance Abuse, and Trauma: A Community Action Guide
View These Related Resources
A Training Guide for the Early Childhood Services Community: Promotion of Mental Health and Prevention of Mental and Behavioral Disorders
Having Trouble Coping? With Help Comes Hope. Suicide Warning Signs: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Wallet Card
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario