viernes, 5 de diciembre de 2014

Susan’s ‘I’m Covered’ Story: The Freedom to Change Jobs or Start a Business

Dept. of Health & Human Services
Dec 05, 2014
By: Susan Shain, 28, Ketchikan, Alaska
YouTube Embedded Video: Susan's #GetCovered Story
The world has changed a lot. Today people aren’t staying in one job their whole life. They’re changing jobs, trying different careers, seeing what else is out there. This is especially true of young people like me.
I’m not someone who is looking for the typical nine-to-five job – I love the outdoors and I love to travel. I used to work for a sea kayaking company in Ketchikan, Alaska, and like many of my friends, I’ve worked in a series of hospitality or service jobs that don’t come with health insurance, and we couldn’t afford it on our own.
I was lucky and didn’t run into any serious health issues. Some of my friends weren’t so fortunate: They had accidents or suffered from random viruses that landed them deep in medical debt.
When I heard about the Health Insurance Marketplace, I decided not to take any more chances. It took me about an hour to check out various plans and to sign up. I found a plan that fits my needs and is really affordable – it costs me only $40 a month with the tax credit.
Read More: Susan’s ‘I’m Covered’ Story: The Freedom to Change Jobs or Start a Business
Share on Facebook

No hay comentarios: