February 6, 2018 | 2:30–4 p.m. Eastern Time
This SAMHSA sponsored webinar is directed at provider management and supervisors. It will offer a framework for and specific tools on successfully employing peer specialists through:
1) Clarifying the peer specialist role;
2) Recruiting, hiring, and training of peers;
3) Educating and supporting non-peer staff;
4) Using the reasonable accommodation (Americans with Disabilities Act) Employee Assistance Programs to address job difficulties and support good performance;
5) Team building: Cross training and co-learning;
6) Key components/elements of organizational culture and infrastructure.