On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
- Webinars for Applicants and Grant Administrators: What You Need to Know About NIH Application Submission and Review (NOT-OD-15-154) from the NIH Center for Scientific Review (CSR)
Register by Monday, October 29
- Focus on University Research Administrators
November 5, 2015
- Focus on Research Project Grants (R01)
November 6, 2015
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- BRAIN Initiative: Foundations of Non-Invasive Functional Human Brain Imaging and Recording - Bridging Scales and Modalities (R01) (RFA-MH-16-750)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 06, 2016
- Impact of the Use of Glucose Monitoring and Control Technologies on Health Outcomes and Quality of Life in Older Adults with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D)(DP3) (RFA-DK-15-028)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 03, 2016
- Collaborative Research in Genomics, Epigenomics, and Bioinformatics in Gynecologic Health and Disease (R01) (RFA-HD-16-003) and (R21) (RFA-HD-16-004)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 10, 2015
- Centers Without Walls for Collaborative Research in the Epilepsies: Developing Transformative Therapies for Modifying or Preventing Epilepsy(U54) (RFA-NS-16-012)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 08, 2016
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- SBIR Technology Transfer (R43/R44) (PA-15-354)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Precision Medicine Initiative Cohort Program Recommendations Issued and Accepted (NOT-OD-15-159)
- NIH Research Involving Introduction of Human Pluripotent Cells into Non-Human Vertebrate Animal Pre-Gastrulation Embryos (NOT-OD-15-158)
- Request for Information (RFI) on Large Scale Clinical Trials on Aging (NOT-AG-15-018)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Clinical Development of Minimally-Invasive Bioassays to Support Outpatient Clinical Trials of Therapeutics for Substance Use Disorders (R01) (NOT-DA-15-076)
- Notice of Change in Applicants' Eligibility for RFA-AA-16-004 Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia (Collaborative U01) (NOT-AA-15-017)
- Notice of Participation of the Office of Research Infrastructure Programs in Early Stage Development of Technologies in Biomedical Computing, Informatics, and Big Data Science PA-14-157 (R41/R42) (NOT-OD-15-157) and PA-14-154 (R43/R44) (NOT-OD-15-161)
- Notice to Discontinue NCI Supplements to the Continuing Umbrella of Research Experiences (CURE): P30s, T32s, K12s and R25s (NOT-CA-15-034)
- Notice of Clarification to RFA-HL-17-007 "Sickle Cell Disease in Sub-Saharan Africa: Data Coordinating Center (U24) (NOT-HL-15-273)
- Fulbright-Fogarty Fellows in Public HealthFellowships application deadline: October 13, 2015
- Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID)
Application deadline: November 18, 2015
- Planning for Regional Centers of Research Excellence in Non-communicable Diseases in Low and Middle Income Countries (P20) (RFA-CA-15-007)from the National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Application deadline: December 10, 2015
- New: Emerging Global Leader Award for LMIC scientists
Application deadline: December 16, 2015
- Global Brain Disorders Research R21 and R01
Application deadline: January 5, 2016
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) for U.S. scientists
Application deadline: March 2, 2016