The next CMS Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF)/Long Term Care (LTC) Open Door Forum scheduled for:
Date: Thursday, March 3, 2016
Start Time: 2:00 PM Eastern Time (ET);
Please dial-in at least 15 minutes before call start time.
Conference Leaders: Jeanette Kranacs & Jill Darling
**This Agenda is Subject to Change**
I. Opening Remarks
Chair – Jeanette Kranacs (Center for Medicare)
Moderator – Jill Darling (Office of Communications)
II. Announcements & Updates
- Nursing Home Compare
- SNF Payment Models Research update
- QIES Extended Maintenance Downtime in March
- Electronic Staffing Data Submission PBJ Update
- Electronic submission of staffing data through the Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) is required of all Long Term Care Facilities in 2016. ALL nursing homes will need to register to submit data in order to meet this requirement and maintain compliance.
- Please follow the below instructions to register:
- Step 1: Obtain a CMSNet User ID for PBJ Individual, Corporate and Third Party users, if you don’t already have one for other QIES applications (https://www.qtso.com/cmsnet.
html ) (many users may already have this access for MDS submission).
- Step 2: Obtain a PBJ QIES Provider ID for CASPER Reporting and PBJ system access(https://mds.qiesnet.org/mds_
- Training: PBJ Training Modules for an introduction to the PBJ system and step by step registration instruction are available on QTSO e-University, select the PBJ optionhttps://www.qtso.com/webex/
qiesclasses.php Questions regarding PBJ policy issues should be directed to NHStaffing@cms.hhs.gov Questi ons regarding the PBJ Data Specifications should be directed to NursingHomePBJTechIssues@ cms.hhs.gov. Software developers or vendors that provide services such as automated payroll or time and attendance systems that will support electronic submissions should use this address. More Information: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/ Quality-Initiatives-Patient- Assessment-Instruments/ NursingHomeQualityInits/ Staffing-Data-Submission-PBJ. html
- Nursing Home Strategic Plan Development
III. Open Q&A
**DATE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
Next ODF: April 21, 2016
Open Door Participation Instructions:
This call will be Conference Call Only.
To participate by phone:
Dial: 1-800-837-1935 & Reference Conference ID: 38431613
Persons participating by phone do not need to RSVP. TTY Communications Relay Services are available for the Hearing Impaired. For TTY services dial 7-1-1 or 1-800-855-2880. A Relay Communications Assistant will help.
Encore: 1-855-859-2056; Conference ID: 38431613
Encore is an audio recording of this call that can be accessed by dialing 1-855-859-2056 and entering the Conference ID. Encores for ODFs held on Thursdays can be accessed the following Monday. The recording is available for 3 business days.
For ODF schedule updates and E-Mailing List registration, visit our website at http://www.cms.gov/