sábado, 6 de agosto de 2016

blog.aids.gov − Lose your health insurance? You may be able to enroll now

blog.aids.gov − Lose your health insurance? You may be able to enroll now

update from the aids dot gov blog


ACA blog image Aug 4 - resizedIf you recently lost health insurance coverage, you may be able to enroll in Marketplace coverage with a Special Enrollment Period.
Health insurance losses that may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
  • Loss of job-based insurance: You may qualify if your employer stopped offering health insurance, or you left a job where you had health coverage (even if you left by choice or were fired).
  • Loss of individual health plan: You may qualify if you’re no longer eligible for a student health plan, or your Marketplace plan is discontinued
  • Loss of eligibility for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP):You may qualify if you lose your eligibility because your income changed, making you ineligible for Medicaid, or if your child ages off CHIP.
  • Loss of eligibility for Medicare: You may qualify if you become ineligible for premium-free Medicare Part A.
  • Loss of coverage through a family member’s plan: You may qualify if you turn 26 and can no longer be on a parent’s plan, or lose health coverage through a spouse due to a divorce, legal separation, or through the death of a family member.
See if you qualify for Special Enrollment Period
Answer a few questions to find out if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. We’ll also tell you if you may qualify for Medicaid or CHIP, which you can enroll in any time.

Related posts:
  1. Open Enrollment for 2016 health insurance is over – but you may still have options
  2. Retired? You have health insurance options
  3. 4 essentials for managing your health insurance plan
  4. Having a baby? You may be able to get or change health insurance outside Open Enrollment
  5. Have a “qualifying life event”? You may be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period.

No hay comentarios: