The next CMS Rural Health Open Door Forum is scheduled for:
Date: Thursday, August 11, 2016;
Start Time: 2:00pm-3:00pm Eastern Time (ET);
Please dial in at least 15 minutes prior to call start time.
Conference Leaders: Carol Blackford, John Hammarlund and Jill Darling.
**This Agenda is Subject to Change**
I. Opening Remarks
II. Chair- Carol Blackford, (CM)
Co-Chair – John Hammarlund, Regional Administrator, Seattle Regional Office
Moderator – Jill Darling, Office of Communications
III. Announcements & Updates
- OPPS NPRM – Section 603
- IPPS FR – Notice Act statement
1. Beginning August 2, 2016, the public has 30 days to comment on the revised MOON under the Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA). The information collection request will be submitted to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval. The information collection requirements are not effective until approved under a valid OMB control number. We expect final PRA approval of the MOON around the time the implementing regulations are effective.
CMS expects hospitals and CAHs to begin using the MOON no later than 90 calendar days from the date of final approval of the MOON by OMB. The draft MOON subject to the 30 day comment period can be found at:
Regulations-and-Guidance/ Legislation/ PaperworkReductionActof1995/ PRA-Listing-Items/CMS-10611. html?DLPage=1&DLEntries=10& DLFilter=10611&DLSort=1& DLSortDir=descending
CMS will provide additional information related to MOON implementation on its Beneficiary Notices Initiative (BNI) webpage when the MOON is approved (https://www.cms.gov/bni) and in a Health Plan Management System memorandum to Medicare Advantage plans.
- FY 2017 Hospice Wage Index and Rate Update Final Rule
- Proposed 2017 FQHC Market Basket
- Proposed Changes to Chronic Care Management CCM) and Transitional Care
- Management (TCM) Requirements
1. Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/
Medicare-Fee-for-Service- Payment/PhysicianFeeSched/PFS- Federal-Regulation-Notices- Items/CMS-1654-P.html
Comment Period ends 9/6/16 @ 11:59PM
- Billing for Nursing Visits in Home Health Shortage Areas by an RHC or FQHC
IV. Open Q&A
**DATE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
Next ODF: September 29, 2016
***NEW Rural Health ODF email: RuralHealthODF@cms.hhs.gov***
This Open Door Forum is not intended for the press, and the remarks are not considered on the record. If you are a member of the Press, you may listen in but please refrain from asking questions during the Q & A portion of the call. If you have inquiries, please contact CMS atPress@cms.hhs.gov. Thank you.
Open Door Forum Participation Instructions:
This call will be Conference Call Only.
1. To participate by phone:
Dial: 1-800-837-1935 & Reference Conference ID: 42616741
Persons participating by phone are not required to RSVP. TTY Communications Relay Services are available for the Hearing Impaired. For TTY services dial 7-1-1 or 1-800-855-2880. A Relay Communications Assistant will help.
Encore: 1-855-859-2056; Conference ID: 42616741
Encore is an audio recording of this call that can be accessed by dialing 1-855-859-2056 and entering the Conference ID. Encores for ODFs held on Thursdays can be accessed the following Monday. The recording is available for 3 business days.
For ODF schedule updates and E-Mailing List registration, visit our website at http://www.cms.gov/