Updates from the Field…Protecting Health and Building Capacity Globally
A quarterly newsletter from CDC Center for Global Health, Division of Global Health Protection.
Summer 2016, Issue 22:
On The Scene: A Commitment To Emergency Response
The Division of Global Health Protection is driven by our commitment to people, science, response, and systems. Of these, the most important is people. In this issue of Updates from the Field, you will read personal stories from responders working in extraordinary circumstances. From setting up surveillance systems in refugee camps, to developing mass immunization campaigns, to improving care for mothers and babies, to evaluating mental health in post-conflict settings, we are on the scene.
In This Issue
- On the Scene: A Commitment to Emergency Response
- Help and Hope for Syrian Refugees
- Healing Hearts and Minds in Sri Lanka
- A Rapid Responder Engages a Community to Fight Zika
- Detecting Disease 24/7: On the Lookout for Health Threats Across the Globe
- Preparedness for Millions
- A WASH Engineer Follows Cholera from the Source
- Protecting Mothers and Babies
- Navigating Recovery in Haiti