December 20, 2017 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at https://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Here we cover types of patent applications, invention reporting requirements, and compliance advice.
Opportunities and Resources
NIAID will support multidisciplinary translational research centers focused on generating, validating, and advancing medical countermeasures to select NIAID Emerging Infectious Diseases and Pathogens.
Propose studies to understand mechanisms for regulating activation and function of human immune responses to infection, vaccination, and adjuvants.
In The News
To respond to contract solicitations—that is, requests for proposals and broad agency announcements—issued by NIAID on or after January 25, 2018, you’ll need to follow NIH’s new Clinical Trial Requirements for Grants and Contracts.
Check out new, well-written, top-scoring sample applications for the following activity codes: Academic Research Enhancement Award (R15), Small Business Grant (R41, R42, R43, and R44), Research Scientist Development Award (K01), and Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (K08).
You have until January 31, 2018, to submit your annual report to NIH's Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare.
Applicants targeting the January 7, 2018 receipt date, make sure you choose an active funding opportunity announcement and use FORMS-D.
NIAID recently launched a new and improved Resources for Researchers section on the NIAID website with a robust search tool to help you quickly find resources relevant to your research.
As you work on your next interim- or final-Research Performance Progress Report, keep in mind that the Project Outcomes section will be visible to the general public through NIH RePORTER.
Remember, you must send your interim- or final-Research Performance Progress Report within 120 calendar days after your grant's project period ends.
- Must I keep the title of the grant unchanged when applying for a renewal?
- Who is on NIAID's Advisory Council?
New Funding Opportunities
- PA-18-525, Radiological/Nuclear Medical Countermeasure Product Development Program (SBIR) (R43/R44, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-517, Radiological/Nuclear Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) at NIH Program for NIH and CDC Translational Research (Admin Supp, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-504, Academic Research Enhancement Award (Parent R15, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-484, NIH Research Project Grant (Parent R01, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-488, NIH Small Research Grant Program (Parent R03, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-489, NIH Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant Program (Parent R21, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PAR-18-333, Understanding the Early Development of the Immune System (R01, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
See other announcements at Opportunities & Announcements.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com.