December 6, 2017 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at https://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Funding recipients have the right to retain title to inventions made under federally funded research but must comply with regulations to ensure the timely transfer of the technology to the public sector.
Opportunities and Resources
NIAID plans to discontinue the funding opportunity announcement (FOA) NIAID Clinical Trial Implementation Grant (R01) and in its place use two new NIH clinical trial FOAs for investigator-initiated research.
Help find approaches to increase the precision and timeliness of measures along the HIV treatment cascade and determine critical components of rapid and sustained viral suppression at the individual and population level.
NIH is issuing (or reissuing) funding opportunity announcements with titles that specify whether clinical trials are optional, required, or not allowed.
In The News
NIAID sets interim paylines early in the fiscal year at a conservative level. Later in the fiscal year, once we better understand how many applications we’ve received and how much money is available, we adjust the paylines to their final amounts.
Visit the NIAID Genomic Data Sharing policy page for in-depth coverage of when the policy applies, data submission and release, sample data sharing plans and templates, informed consent for sharing data from human samples, institutional certification, exceptions, and contact information.
If you’re an investigator, administrator, or anyone else new to the NIH grants process, the Regional Seminar offers a chance to gain a better perspective of NIH policies and programs, network with peers, and gather helpful NIH contacts.
NIH encourages authors to publish in journals that follow best practices promoted by professional scholarly publishing organizations for research integrity and ethics.
When you use an old application as the starting point for a new (A0) application, the A0 must not reference any prior applications or reviews—if it does, NIH will withdraw it without a review.
- Can a small business award application have a foreign principal investigator?
- What is different about the review of foreign applications?
- The January 7, 2018 due date is on a Sunday. When is my application really due?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFA-AI-17-039, Understanding Immunopathogenesis of Tuberculosis in HIV-1 Infected and Exposed Children (R01, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- RFA-AI-17-040, Cooperative Centers on Human Immunology (U19, Clinical Trial Optional)
- RFP-NIAID-DMID-NIHAI2017091, I
n Vitro Assessments of Antimicrobial Activity
- RFA-AI-17-042, Centers of Excellence for Translational Research (CETR) (U19, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PAR-18-254, Increased Knowledge and Innovative Strategies to Reduce HIV Incidence-iKnow Projects (R01, Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-18-398, NIH Pathway to Independence Award (Parent K99/R00, Independent Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-394, Midcareer Investigator Award in Patient-Oriented Research (Parent K24, Independent Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-396, Mentored Quantitative Research Development Award (Parent K25, Independent Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-404, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Short-Term Institutional Research Training Grant (Parent T35)
- PA-18-373, Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (Parent K08, Independent Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-375, Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (Parent K23, Independent Clinical Trials Not Allowed)
- PA-18-403, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Institutional Research Training Grant (Parent T32)
- PA-18-369, Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (Parent K01, Independent Clinical Trials Not Allowed)
Immune Epitope and Analysis Resource Program
- PAR-18-411, Getting to Zero: Understanding HIV Viral Suppression and Transmission in the United States (R01, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-047, Trophoblast Differentiation and Function (R21, Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-18-048, Zika Virus (ZIKV) Complications (R21, Clinical Trial Optional)
See other announcements at Opportunities & Announcements.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.