August 24, 2016 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
In accordance with federal regulations on financial conflict of interest for grants or cooperative agreements, institutions are responsible for implementing policies and procedures that provide a reasonable expectation that the design, conduct, and reporting of research are free from bias.
Opportunities and Resources
Small businesses, take note: You have until 5 p.m. EDT on October 21, 2016, to submit a contract proposal in response to HHS Small Business Innovation Research Program Solicitation PHS 2017-1.
We are seeking applications for a new cooperative agreement program to research endovascular injury and develop treatments for endothelial cell and vascular dysfunction.
NIAID is participating in the Joint NSF/NIH Initiative on Quantitative Approaches to Biomedical Big Data, a program designed to support novel mathematical, statistical, or computational approaches to the challenges of biomedical big data.
In The News
Earlier this year, the U.S. Department of Labor issued revisions to the rules on paid overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act, raising the salary level for professional employees to be exempt from paid overtime to $47,476. In recognition of this rule change, NIH plans to raise National Research Service Award stipend levels for FY 2017 above that threshold, effective December 1, 2016.
Here's your chance to share your thoughts on possible changes and processes NIH and NIAID are exploring.
- Steven Holland Named Director of NIAID's Division of Intramural Research
- Deadlines Fast Approaching for Three Small Business Opportunities
- Double-Check Your Web Content When We Re-Launch Ours
- New Public-Private Partnership Will Combat Antimicrobial Resistance
- OLAW Updates Format of Assurance Agreement Identifiers
- NIH Halts Plans to List Project Personnel in RePORTER
We want to remind all small business applicants about the eligibility and registration requirements needed to apply for and receive a grant or contract award.
- Should I include intellectual property in my application?
- Should I use FORMS-D for my resubmission if my previous application used FORMS-C?
New Funding Opportunities
- PAR-16-413, NIAID Investigator-Initiated Program Project Applications
- PAR-16-412, NIAID Resource-Related Research Projects
- RFA-ES-16-010, Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Community-Based Data and Metadata Standards Efforts
- RFA-GM-17-003, Centers for HIV/AIDS-Related Structural Biology
- RFA-ES-16-011, BD2K Research Education Curriculum Development: Data Science Overview for Biomedical Scientists
- RFA-AI-16-065, Asthma and Allergic Diseases Cooperative Research Centers
- RFA-MD-16-002, NIH Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Enhancing Diversity in Biomedical Data Science
- RFA-AI-16-064, Understanding HIV Persistence in Infants
- RFA-OD-16-013, Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.