October 5, 2016 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at
NIAID offers an array of resources to help investigators translate basic research findings into products to diagnose, treat, or prevent immune-mediated and infectious diseases.
Opportunities and Resources
A recently announced Challenge Competition could be for you if you can deliver what it seeks: in vitro diagnostic tests that would help health care providers better identify antibiotic-resistant bacteria and make more informed decisions on appropriate antibiotic use and infection prevention.
Apply to a new funding opportunity announcement if you can propose research to study the role of allergen epitope-specific T-cell responses in the pathogenesis and treatment of allergic diseases using allergen epitope-specific reagents.
Your small business may do outstanding biomedical research, but if you’re unable to position your innovations in the market place and implement a successful commercialization plan, your business won’t realize its full potential.
In The News
The availability of germline mutations took a large leap forward last month thanks to a transfer of 175,000 cryopreserved germline mutations to the NIH-supported Mutant Mouse Resource and Research Centers.
In September, NIH rolled out several new policies to ensure that common standards are met and upheld regarding the conduct of clinical trials.
- NIAID to Host Workshop for Transitioning Career Development Awardees
- Complete NIAID Website Tree Test to Help Us Improve Site Navigation
- NIH Posts Q&A Following HHS SBIR Contract Webinar
- Consider the Latest Set of Grand Challenges From the Gates Foundation
- Big Data To Knowledge Program Launches an Online Lecture Series
As you prepare to write your multiple PI application, give time and attention to the required Leadership Plan.
- Can I propose a clinical trial using the R21 activity code?
- How can I tell if my research is eligible for a small business Fast-Track award?
New Funding Opportunities
- PAR-16-439, Support of Competitive Research (SCORE) Research Advancement Award (SC1)
- PAR-16-438, Support of Competitive Research (SCORE) Pilot Project Award (SC2)
- PA-16-445, Trophoblast Differentiation and Function (R01)
- PA-16-444, Trophoblast Differentiation and Function (R21)
- RFP-NIAID-DMID-NIHAI2016065, D
ivision of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (DMID) Clinical Materials Services
- RFA-MH-17-360, Improving the HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Cascade (R01)
- RFA-MH-17-361, Improving the HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Cascade (R34)
See other announcements at Opportunities & Announcements.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com.