What's Happening in Health IT
In This Issue
- HHS Awards Funding to Help Protect Health Sector Against Cyber Threats
- WEBINAR TOMORROW: How to Improve Electronic Health Record Usability and Patient Safety
- WEBINAR: Exploring the ONC Security Risk Assessment Tool
- ICYMI: National Health IT Week In Review
ONC and the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) awarded cooperative agreements totaling $350,000 to strengthen the ability of health care and public health sector partners to respond to cybersecurity threats. Through a streamlined cyber threat information sharing process, ONC and ASPR will be able to send cyber threat information to a single entity, which then will share that information widely. This approach helps make sure that smaller health care providers have the information they need to take appropriate action in the fight against cyber threats. See who was awarded the agreements.
Join ONC’s Chief Medical Information Officer, Dr. Andy Gettinger , for a webinar with representatives from Johns Hopkins and The Pew Charitable Trusts on Wednesday, October 5 from 4-5pm ET. He and the other participants will discuss a newly-release Pew fact sheet that includes key recommendations about ways to improve the design and testing of electronic health record (EHR) systems to prevent medical errors, improve clinician workflow and enhance the quality of care. Register for the webinar.
ONC is hosting a webinar to launch the Health IT Privacy & Security Technology Learning Community. This learning community is exploring the ONC Security Risk Assessment (SRA) Tool. It is looking to leverage stakeholder expertise to help inform health care delivery system reform and advance the use of interoperable health IT to improve the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare. The webinar will be held on October 25 from 2-3pm ET. Register for the webinar.
- A Message from President Obama Commemorating National Health IT Week
- HHS Awards $1.5 million to Improve Information Flow for Patients and Providers
- NEW VIDEO: Giving Patients and Providers the Keys to Their Health Data
- NEW RESOURCES: Health IT Playbook, EHR Contract Guide
- Blog Post: The Nation’s Progress in Digitizing Health Care
- “A Bill You Can Understand” Challenge Winners Announced