Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Database|AMD Clips|PHGKB
Publication Date: Feb 15, 2018
About Advanced Molecular Detection Clips
Clips are selected weekly from a variety of sources, including PubMed, journal tables of contents, and online media. Special emphasis is given to the use of next-generation genetic sequencing in infectious disease public health surveillance, investigation, and development of new diagnostics and interventions. The collection is not comprehensive but aims to capture highlights, while surveying a wide range of topics. CDC-authored articles are flagged. Items marked I&E address aspects of implementation or evaluation in clinical or public health practice. View Data Selection Criteria
Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Content
- Safety blunders expose lab staff to potentially lethal diseases in UK
Sample I. The Guardian, Feb 9, 2018.
- Public Health Experts Look Ahead to Better Flu Control-Improved vaccines, more research to chose the right strains needed
Walker M. MedPage Today, Feb 13, 2018.
- Can gene therapy be harnessed to fight the AIDS virus?
Marchione M. ABC News, Feb 13, 2018.
- Dengue Disease Risk Linked to Gene Variants Among World Populations
GenomeWeb, Feb 15, 2018.
- The Importance of Infants Exposure to Micro-Organisms
Brody JE. New York Times, Feb 5, 2018.
- Genome Editing Reaching Farm Animals, Though Regulatory Uncertainty Looms
Anderson A. GenomeWeb, Feb 9, 2018.
METHODS / TOOLS
- Nanopore sequencing and assembly of a human genome with ultra-long reads.
Jain Miten et al. Nature biotechnology 2018 Jan
- Multiplexed and portable nucleic acid detection platform with Cas13, Cas12a, and Csm6
Gootenberg JS, et al. Science, Feb 15, 2018.
- Assembly of highly repetitive genomes using short reads: the genome of discrete typing unit III Trypanosoma cruzi strain 231.
Baptista Rodrigo P et al. Microbial genomics 2018 Feb
- A next-generation sequencing and bioinformatics protocol for Malaria drug Resistance marker Surveillance (MaRS).
Talundzic Eldin et al. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy 2018 Feb
- HIITE: HIV-1 Incidence and Infection Time Estimator.
Park Sung Yong et al. Bioinformatics (Oxford, England) 2018 Feb
- Next-generation sequencing diagnostics of bacteremia in sepsis (Next GeneSiS-Trial): Study protocol of a prospective, observational, noninterventional, multicenter, clinical trial.
Brenner Thorsten et al. Medicine 2018 Feb (6) e9868
EVOLUTION / ECOLOGY / POPULATIONS
PATHOGENICITY / ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE
EPIDEMIOLOGY / OUTBREAKS / TRANSMISSION
ANTIMICROBIALS / VACCINES / INTERVENTIONS
Note: indicates that at least one CDC-affiliated author; indicates that the article addresses aspects of implementation or evaluation in clinical or public health practice.
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Advanced Molecular Detection Clips are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the scientific literature and news. Inclusion in the clips does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the Clips, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario