On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
Top Global Health Research NewsImportant news from NIH for global health researchers.
Funding OpportunitiesNIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
Featured Fogarty News and Information
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Drug Abuse Prevention Intervention Research (R01) (NOT-DA-14-017)
- Notice of NICHD's Participation in Multidisciplinary Studies of HIV and Viral Hepatitis Co-Infection PAR-14-255 (R01) (NOT-HD-14-024) and PAR-14-254 (R21) (NOT-HD-14-025)
- Notice to Extend the Response Date for the NOT-HL-14-030 "Request for Information (RFI): NHLBI Whole Genome Sequencing Project (NHLBI-WGS)" (NOT-HL-14-233)
- Notice to Extend the Expiration Date of Gene-Environment Interplay in Substance Use Disorders PA-11-235 (R01) (NOT-DA-14-019), PA-11-236 (R21) (NOT-DA-14-020) and PA-11-237 (R03) (NOT-DA-14-021)
- Notice of Modification of Allowable Budgets for Development of Technologies in Biomedical Computing, Informatics, and Big Data Science, Early Stage Development (R43/R44) (NOT-GM-14-123), (R41/R42) (NOT-GM-14-126) and (R01) (NOT-GM-14-127); and Extended Development (R01) (NOT-GM-14-125)
- Fulbright-Fogarty Fellows and Scholars in Public Health
Application deadline for medical or graduate student fellowships: October 14, 2014
- Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in Low and Middle Income Countries
Application deadline: February 19, 2015
- International Research Scientist Development Award
Application deadline: March 4, 2015
- International Research Ethics Education and Curriculum Development Award
Application deadline: May 22, 2015