June 15, 2016 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
It's been said that we learn by doing, and that certainly applies to the peer review of grant applications.
Opportunities and Resources
Consider applying to a new R01 funding opportunity announcement if you can propose to do the following: Use innovative, structure-based vaccine design approaches to develop novel vaccine immunogens against current and emerging infectious disease pathogens of clinical concern.
A new funding opportunity announcement could be for you if you can propose innovative technology approaches to enroll large cohorts to study HIV transmission risk in U.S. populations at highest risk of HIV infection.
Are you interested in developing innovative strategies that may prevent and treat HIV? If so, we have just the opportunity for you!
Now's your chance to identify previously unappreciated key immune regulatory genes, signaling pathways, or mechanisms.
In The News
Effective immediately, NIH will fund new or competing applications proposing chimpanzee research only if the research is noninvasive, as defined in the “Standards of Care for Chimpanzees Held in the Federally Supported Chimpanzee Sanctuary System” at 42 CFR part 9.
- The Transition to FORMS-D Is Complete
- You May Need to Restart Your Fellowship Application
- The SBIR Road Tour Rides Again
- Check Out a Set of HIV-Related FOAs From FIC
- Answer RFI for ME/CFS Research Strategies
- OAR Welcomes a New Director
If you think your work is done once you submit your application, think again. Even after the viewing window closes, you can still improve your chances of success.
- Can an SBIR or STTR budget include a consulting fee for an expert who helps prepare the grant application?
- Can PIs get support for postdocs who are taking care of children or ailing family members?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFA-AI-16-042, Emerging Science and Technology in Transplantation
- PA-16-319, Administrative Supplements for Research on Dietary Supplements (Admin. Supp.)
- PA-16-307, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Postdoctoral Fellowship (Parent F32)
- PA-16-309, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Predoctoral Fellowship (Parent F31)
- PA-16-308, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Individual Predoctoral Fellowship to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research (Parent F31-Diversity)
- PA-16-306, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Fellowship for Students at Institutions Without NIH-Funded Institutional Predoctoral Dual-Degree Training Programs (Parent F30)
- PA-16-305, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Fellowship for Students at Institutions With NIH-Funded Institutional Predoctoral Dual-Degree Training Programs (Parent F30)
- PA-16-303, PHS 2016-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH for Small Business Technology Transfer Grant Applications (Parent STTR)
- PA-16-302, PHS 2016-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH, CDC, FDA and ACF for Small Business Innovation Research Grant Applications (Parent SBIR)
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com.