Precision Public Health for the Era of Precision Medicine
This week, we highlight the emergence of the field of precision public health. Check out our Public Health Genomics Knowledge Base for recent publications and events . Also, read our recent blog posts on the intersection of precision medicine and public health.
Last Updated: May 26, 2016
- Precision Public Health Summit
UCSF, June 6-7, 2016
- PALB2: research reaching to clinical outcomes for women with breast cancer.
Southey Melissa C, et al. Hereditary cancer in clinical practice 2016 0 9
- The Shift From Personalized Medicine to Precision Medicine and Precision Public Health: Words Matter!
MJ Khoury, CDC Blog Post, April 21, 2016
- Precision Public Health
Frontiers online journals, research topic
- Public Health Grand Rounds with Sue Desmond-Hellmann
Video presentation on Precision Public Health, Aspen Institute
- Video: From Precision Medicine to Precision Public Health
Muin Khoury keynote speech at Stanford University Population Health Sciences Colloquium, October 2015
- Precision Public Health for the Era of Precision Medicine.
Khoury Muin J et al. American journal of preventive medicine 2015 Nov
- We screen newborns, don't we?: realizing the promise of public health genomics.
Evans James P et al. Genet. Med. 2013 May (5) 332-4
- Precision Medicine: Not just ?genes, drugs, and disease?
William Riley, OBSSR, February 2, 2015
- CDC Advanced Molecular Detection infectious disease initiative
Will improve the ability of public health to detect outbreaks sooner and respond more effectively, saving lives and reducing cost
- CDC Blog Post- Precision Public Health and Precision Medicine: Two Peas in a Pod
Muin Khoury, Office of Public Health Genomics
- CDC National Biomonitoring Program
Assesses nutritional status and the exposure of the U.S. population to environmental chemicals and toxic substances
- CDC National Diabetes Prevention Program
- CDC's Vision for Public Health Surveillance in the 21st Century[PDF 872.86 KB]
MMWR 2012; suppl 61
- Human (1)
- Pathogen (0)
- Cancer Genomics and Epidemiology Navigator (CGEN)
- Genetics and Genomics Competencies Center (G2C2)
- NIH Genetic Testing Registry
- NIH MedGen Database
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM)