Applications Being Accepted for Summer TeamSTEPPS® Advanced Courses
Apply now for your health care team to attend one of AHRQ’s no-cost TeamSTEPPS® Advanced Courses at regional training centers. Applications are due June 30 for an Aug. 1 course in Hyde Park, New York, and an Aug. 11 course in Chicago. Applications are due July 14 for an Aug. 25 course in Cleveland. TeamSTEPPS Advanced courses foster leadership development of TeamSTEPPS champions who are committed to integrating, spreading and sustaining TeamSTEPPS patient safety principles in their organizations. Access more information about courses, guidelines and the application process.
TeamSTEPPS® Advanced Course
Interested in taking your TeamSTEPPS implementation from good to great? Are you looking to advance your program in order to spread and sustain your TeamSTEPPS efforts? Limited spaces are available for the TeamSTEPPS Advanced Course.
About the Course
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has funded the development of an Advanced Training Course to build upon the traditional 2-day Master Training Course. This program provides methodology to take your current TeamSTEPPS program to the next level. The aims of this course include:
- Teach how to better integrate, spread, and sustain TeamSTEPPS principles and activities with existing quality and safety improvement activities within or across health care delivery organizations, settings, and clinical specialties or domains.
- Demonstrate how to circumvent quality improvement initiative fatigue among health care providers and other health care team members.
- Maximize the inclusion of existing TeamSTEPPS modules and concepts to support stronger communication among health care team members with diverse professional experiences.
This unique course is not a TeamSTEPPS refresher but an enriched training to foster leadership development and the growth of dedicated TeamSTEPPS champions who are committed to improving patient safety by better integrating, spreading and sustaining TeamSTEPPS. The training consists of a pre-work phase to be completed prior to attending the in-person course. The pre-training phase comprises of four learning modules. Each module contains informational slides with notes, required readings and questions you should complete as a team prior to the in-person program. The in-person component will be conducted during one 8-hour day and will focus on large and small group discussions and activities. Select for the pre-work and in-person session materials.
The educational content will cover the following topics:
- Integrating and Hardwiring TeamSTEPPS Principles and Practices.
- Building the New Change Team for the Future of Health Care.
- Coaching Coaches: Supporting Teams.
- The Business Case for TeamSTEPPS: Connecting Principles, Practices and Outcomes.
Eligibility and ExpectationsA team of three health care professionals is required to attend the course. This team should function as the TeamSTEPPS Project Team that will work together at their organization to move TeamSTEPPS to the next level.
Teams interested in attending the course must submit an application as a team and be accepted in order to participate. Teams of three will be favored for acceptance if they have the following makeup:
- At least two team members who are Master Trainers.
- At least one person with experience implementing a large-scale program.
- At least one person who currently holds a leadership position.
- Team members who are proficient in TeamSTEPPS (e.g., implemented TeamSTEPPS tools and strategies, assisted with coaching TeamSTEPPS). Note: the course will not contain a refresher on the TeamSTEPPS tools and principles.
- Teams that exhibit success in TeamSTEPPS implementation and have sustained those results.
Components of the application include:
- General demographic, background, and contact information for each team member that meets the requirements from the section above
- Letter of Support from the organization's Executive leadership (CEO, CNO, CMO, COO, or other organizational leader) detailing their commitment to the team during this course as well as how the organization will implement the skills acquired during the TeamSTEPPS Advanced Training Course
- Evidence of impact of current TeamSTEPPS implementation. In this narrative section, teams will need to describe:
- Their program to date and data measures (surveys, clinical outcomes, etc.) on the progress they have made with their TeamSTEPPS implementation, including the role each individual has played in training/implementing TeamSTEPPS.
- A specific challenge or opportunity for improvement to focus on in order to advance their current work with TeamSTEPPS.
Course Dates and Applications
Below are the dates and locations of TeamSTEPPS Advanced Courses taking place in 2017.
A team must submit one application for the training they wish to attend. Teams may only apply to one cohort.
|July 18, 2017||UCLA (Los Angeles, CA)||Closed|
|August 1, 2017||Northwell Health (New Hyde Park, NY)||June 30 (Word, 70 KB)|
|August 11, 2017||American Hospital Association (Chicago, IL)*||June 30 (Word, 96 KB)|
|August 25, 2017||MetroHealth Medical Center (Cleveland, OH)||July 14 (Word, 71 KB)|
Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in the downloadable files above. For assistance, contact Doreen Bonnett at (301) 427-1899 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course is free; however, participants are responsible for expenses associated with their travel to the onsite training (i.e., airfare, hotel, meals).
Upon successful completion of the TeamSTEPPS Advanced Course, attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion. In addition, attendees will be eligible to receive 13 contact hours of Joint Accreditation (ANCC, ACPE, and ACCME) credit.
In the event of inclement weather or some sort of emergency that has rendered the regional training center space unusable or the regional training center faculty incapacitated, HRET, AHRQ, and the affected regional training center reserve the right to cancel an Advanced Course. Participants will be responsible for any of the travel costs that they might have incurred (flight, hotel, etc.) regardless of the status of the training. HRET or the regional training center will contact participants as soon as possible if the event has been canceled, using the email address provided to HRET during the registration process.
Contact the TeamSTEPPS National Implementation Team at 312-422-2609 or AHRQTeamSTEPPS@aha.org.
Page last reviewed June 2017
Page originally created December 2015
Page originally created December 2015
Internet Citation: TeamSTEPPS® Advanced Course. Content last reviewed June 2017. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/teamstepps/teamstepps-advanced.html
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario