Hospitals Open Door Forum**Updated September 13, 2012 - The transcript & audio file for the August 30, 2012 Special Open Door Forum for Long-Term Care Hospital Quality Reporting is now available on the Special Open Door Forum Page in the Downloads section: http://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/OpenDoorForums/ODFSpecialODF.html .
**Updated September 10, 2012 - CMS has made available two new recorded training sessions for IRFs on the QIES Technical Support Office (QTSO) website. The sessions are as follows:
1. IRF-PAI Assessment Submission Process – provides the necessary instructions for submitting IRF-PAI assessment data to the ASAP IRF-PAI Submission System beginning October 1, 2012.
2. CASPER Reports for IRFs – provides information about accessing and interpreting the ASAP system-generated IRF-PAI Facility Final Validation Report, identifies other reports available to IRFs and gives an overview of the basic functionality of the CASPER Reporting application.
• The recordings can be accessed via the e-University page on the QTSO website at https://www.qtso.com/webex/qiesclasses.php .
• Please contact the QTSO Help Desk at (800) 339-9313 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding this training session.
**Updated September 5, 2012 - The slides for the Manual Medical Review of Therapy Claims Special Open Door Forum are now available in the Downloads section below. If you wish to participate, dial: 1-877-251-0301; Conference ID: 23782155.
**Updated August 31, 2012 - The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will hold a Special Open Door Forum on the Manual Medical Review of Therapy Claims on September 5, 2012, from 2:00pm-3:30pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial: 1-877-251-0301; Conference ID: 23782155. Please see the Downloads section below for the announcement with full participation instructions.
**Updated March 19, 2012 - The IRF-PAI Submission Specifications Version 1.10.1 are now posted:
These are the final IRF-PAI data submission specifications, which are in effect on October 1, 2012. An Item Change Report and an Edit Change Report identifying changes since Draft Version 1.10.0 are included in the .zip file.
IRF-PAI Data Specifications v1.10.1.zip file can be found under downloads on the IRF Software web page:
**Updated March 14, 2012 - The Draft LTCH CARE Data Set Version 1.00.1 Specifications for October, 2012 are now posted. A Specification Change document identifying changes since Draft Version 1.00.0 is included in the .zip file. Final specifications will be posted in the near future. The specifications can be found on the CMS web page:
http://www.cms.gov/LTCH-Quality-Reporting/ . Specifically, please see the Downloads Section of that web page. The .zip file containing the updated "Draft" LTCH CARE Data Submission Specifications (v1.00.1) is located there.
See Submission Specifications (v1.00.1) The files within this .zip are:
„X LTCH Data Submission Spec Changes (v1.00.1) 20120305.pdf
„X LTCH 1.0 data specs overview (v1.00.1) DRAFT 20120305.pdf
„X LTCH data dictionary (v1.00.1) DRAFT 20120305.zip
„X LTCH data specs CSV files (v1.00.1) DRAFT 20120305.zip
„X LTCH data specs HTML files (v1.00.1) DRAFT 20120305.zip
„X LTCH data specs PDF files (v1.00.1) DRAFT 20120305.zip
Hospital & Hospital Quality Open Door Forum (ODF) Overview:
The Hospital Open Door Forum (ODF), addresses the concerns and questions of the Hospital service setting, The very broad scope of topics discussed within this forum, include payment, coverage, conditions of participation, billing, and many other current issues that are related to policy implementation. The Inpatient PPS, Outpatient PPS, provisions of the Affordable Care Act and other laws that affect the setting are all covered, and a recurring update from the areas of the Hospital Quality Initiative including the Hospital CAHPS initiative. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives, and other related areas are also included in the forums.
- Wednesday, September 5, 2012 - Slides - Manual Medical Review of Therapy Claims Special Open Door Forum [PDF, 3MB]
- Wednesday, September 5, 2012 - Announcement - Manual Medical Review of Therapy Claims Special Open Door Forum [PDF, 29KB]
- Q&A- Type A and B Emergency Departments Under the OPPS (PDF, 43KB) [PDF, 43KB]
- CMS Intermediary/Carrier Directory [PDF, 371KB]
- Q&A- OPPS Device Upgrade (PDF, 12KB) [PDF, 11KB]
- RevisedIRFconfannouncement030512 [PDF, 25KB]