jueves, 17 de marzo de 2016

ACA’s Sixth Anniversary: Finding Hope and Security

Dept. of Health & Human Services
By: Rona Radcliffe, San Antonio, Texas
I’ve run into some serious health issues over the last several years. I’ve faced severely reduced lung capacity, breast cancer, fibroid tumors, and high blood pressure. Fortunately at the time, I had insurance through my job to cover much of the care I needed. But then, two years ago, my department was downsized. Along with many of my coworkers, I was laid off.
I couldn’t afford COBRA or private insurance because I didn’t have any income. I was able to find a temporary contract job, but it didn’t come with health benefits. I didn’t know what I was going to do.
A fellow member of New Creation Church talked me into going to a Health Insurance Marketplace enrollment event. I didn’t want to go at first. Simply put, if I’m not at work, I don’t get paid. But I knew I had to get health insurance.
Thanks to the Marketplace, created by the Affordable Care Act, it was possible for me to get affordable, quality health coverage. Now, I don’t have to worry about being able to afford my blood pressure medicine or the care I need for my chronic health conditions.
READ MORE: ACA’s Sixth Anniversary: Finding Hope and Security

No hay comentarios: