New Information from the Medicaid Innovation Accelerator Program
We wanted to share some information on an upcoming webinar that may be of interest to you as well as a couple of Medicaid IAP opportunities.
- Bailit Health is hosting a one-hour webinar to present strategies for designing aligned performance measure sets and reveal an updated version of the “Buying Value Measure Selection Tool.” The “Buying Value Measure Selection Tool” is an Excel-based measure set development tool was developed with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s State Health and Value Strategies Program and features updates to federal and state measure sets along with new search functionality. The updated tool is available at http://www.buyingvalue.org. Registration is required for this webinar, and is available at the link below.
State Health and Value Strategies Webinar: Buying Value Measure Selection Tool
Date/Time: Wednesday, January 4, 2017, 2:00 pm, EST
Event password: This event does not require a password.
Event address for attendees: bit.ly/bhp-webinar-2017-0104
US TOLL FREE: +1-855-282-6330
Access code: 661 225 904
- IAP Data Analytics Technical Support Opportunity for States
In addition to working with states across program priority areas, IAP also provides targeted technical support and tools to states in four functional areas: data analytics, quality measurement, performance improvement, and value-based payment and financial simulations. This December, IAP is launching a new opportunity to assist Medicaid agencies in moving towards their Medicaid delivery system reform goals by offering targeted technical support around a variety of data analytic activities. Up to 10 states will be selected for data analytic technical support. Selected states will be assigned a dedicated IAP Data Analytic team that will provide customized one-on-one data analytics support in one or more of the following areas:
- Designing an analytic strategy
- Improving programmatic decision-making
- Building and executing statistical models
- Planning non-Medicare data integration
- Developing transfer protocols for sharing data
This opportunity is open to states at all levels of expertise and experience in data analytics. Additional information, including the Program Overview, Letter of Interest form, and Informational Session slides can be found on the IAP Data Analytic webpage. States interested in this opportunity should complete an Expression of Interest form to MedicaidIAP@cms.hhs.gov and submit to IAP by January 9, 2017 Midnight ET.
- IAP Value-Based Payment and Financial Simulations Technical Support Opportunity for States
In addition to working with states across program priority areas, IAP also provides targeted technical support and tools to states in four functional areas: data analytics, quality measurement, performance improvement, and value-based payment and financial simulations. This December IAP is launching a new opportunity to assist Medicaid agencies in moving towards their Medicaid delivery system reform goals by offering targeted technical support to design, develop and/or implement Value-Based Payment approaches (i.e. payment models that range from rewarding for performance in fee-for-service to capitation, including alternative payment models and comprehensive population-based payments). If a state seeks to pursue a particular Value-Based Payment approach in their FFS or Medicaid managed care program, IAP can also provide the state with support to conduct financial simulations and forecasts that analyze the financial impact of these payment and delivery strategies. Specifically, IAP will offer states technical support in one or more of the following areas:
- Strategic Design by drilling down into states’ payment approach goals, objectives, and technical support needs.
- Development of Value-Based Payment approaches in Medicaid.
- Implementation of an agreed-upon Value-Based Payment approach in Medicaid.
- Development of financial simulations of state-developed Value-Based Payment approaches.
This effort is limited to 10 states per year. Additional information can be found on the Value-Based Payment and Financial Simulations webpage. IAP will select states on a first come, first serve rolling basis through May 31, 2017. However, we expect to receive the bulk of state expression of interest forms by January 16, 2017. Interested states are asked to complete and email an Expression of Interest form to MedicaidIAP@cms.hhs.gov, subject line “VBP and Financial Simulations.”
For more information on AHRQ’s role in CHIPRA, visit http://www.ahrq.gov/
For more information on the CHIPRA Quality Demonstration Grant projects and the national evaluation, visit: http://www.ahrq.gov/
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario