Connect to the Tune in to Safe Healthcare webinar series any time
At CDC’s Tune in to Safe Healthcare website you can:
- Find information about upcoming webinars.
- Check out opportunities for free continuing education.
- View webinar PowerPoint slides and relevant web resources.
Today you can find resources for the following previously recorded webinars and we’ll add more with each new webinar:
- CDC’s Core Elements of Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship
- Introduction of CDC’s Core Elements of Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship
- Provides a framework for implementing antibiotic stewardship in outpatient settings.
- Preventing the Next Avoidable Catastrophe in Low and Middle Resource Countries
- Hosted in collaboration with the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)
- Features a discussion on healthcare outbreaks from a global perspective.
- Empowering Nurses for Early Sepsis Recognition
- Overview of CDC’s sepsis Vital Signs report
- Discussion on expanding sepsis early recognition
- Lessons learned from implementing sepsis screening on hospital wards.
- Advances in Sepsis: Protecting Patients Throughout the Lifespan
- Discussion on sepsis in acute care settings,
- Septic shock guidelines for pediatrics, and
- Sepsis in post-acute and long-term care settings.
- Invasive NTM Infections and Heater-Cooler Units
- Presents evidence linking invasive Nontuberculous Mycobacterium (NTM) infections and exposure to heater-cooler units used during cardiac surgery
- Description of diagnostic and treatment strategies
- Steps to identify and mitigate risk to patients.
- Zika Virus: Implications for Pregnant Women
- Provides healthcare providers with information to educate their patients and pregnant women on precautions they should take to avoid contracting the virus.
- Unsafe Injection Stories from the Field
- Highlights unsafe injection practices
- Discussion on how these methods can be improved in the medical field to better protect patients.
- Safe Injections in the Outpatient Oncology Setting: Protecting Your Patients and Your Practice
- Focuses on the background, guidelines, and case studies regarding safe injection practices in the outpatient oncology setting.
Thank you for your commitment to keeping patients safe