April 4, 2018 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
We review several best practices for fellows, like taking initiative in seeking career opportunities, applying without presumption of reviewers’ knowledge, and prioritizing a career development award.
Opportunities and Resources
Basic and clinical researchers will collaborate to design and conduct studies of autoimmune disease pathogenesis and mechanisms of action of immune-modulating agents.
Investigators will establish Centers to generate large-scale genomic resources, including sequencing and experimental data, that will be publicly accessible for the infectious disease research community to use.
The Mycobacteriology Laboratory Sourcebook for Harmonization and Support of Tuberculosis (TB) Clinical Trials helps ensure high-quality results and comparability of data across laboratories participating in TB clinical trials.
In The News
NIAID is collecting community feedback on how best to leverage Research Resources at the NIH Bethesda Campus, including what services NIAID’s Division of Clinical Research could offer to facilitate better use of those resources.
NIH’s Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools (RePORT) now includes fiscal year (FY) 2017 data on application, award, and funding totals from across NIH’s institutes and centers.
Share your feedback on how we can best harmonize laboratory animal regulations and policies to reduce the burden on you.
As part of your grant application, you must submit a plan for disseminating NIH-funded clinical trial information that addresses how you will meet the expectations of the NIH Policy on the Dissemination of NIH-Funded Clinical Trial Information.
New Funding Opportunities
- PAR-18-740, Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Program (Si2/R00 Clinical Trial Optional)
- RFA-DK-18-005, Mechanisms Underlying the Contribution of Type 1 Diabetes Disease-associated Variants (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-722, Improving Patient Adherence to Treatment and Prevention Regimens to Promote Health (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-18-723, Improving Patient Adherence to Treatment and Prevention Regimens to Promote Health (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-18-724, Generating New Insights and Mechanistic Understanding of Antibiotic Resistance Development (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-725, Generating New Insights and Mechanistic Understanding of Antibiotic Resistance Development (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-728, Research on the Health of Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Populations (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-18-729, Research on the Health of Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Populations (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
See other announcements at Opportunities & Announcements.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.