April 18, 2018 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
NIH's overall budget has increased by 8.8 percent, adding $3 billion for a total of $37 billion. The NIAID budget for fiscal year 2018 is $5.3 billion, up by 6.7 percent.
Opportunities and Resources
You will have the opportunity to advance critical science in areas like basic and applied research and development for new antibiotics, other therapeutics, and vaccines.
Apply to join NIAID’s Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) Cooperative Research Centers program, which facilitates multidisciplinary and synergistic collaborations to support the development of vaccines aimed to control and prevent STIs.
Apply if your proposed research can 1) advance the discovery and characterization of primary immunodeficiency diseases, 2) understand the causes and mechanisms of disease, 3) enable early detection and molecular diagnosis, and 4) support the development of strategies to treat and eventually cure these disorders.
In The News
We do not anticipate Optimize NIH changing the way investigators and grantee institutions work with NIH staff.
The new Hypersensitivity, Allergies, and Mucosal Immunology Special Emphasis Panel ZRG1 IMM-T57 will review applications focused on basic, translational, and clinical immunology and immune mechanisms of hypersensitivities, allergies, and immune responses at the mucosal surfaces.
Read our additional guidance for applicants who must comply with NIH’s policy on enhancing the reproducibility of research findings through increased scientific rigor and transparency.
- “I originally applied to a parent R01 opportunity, which has since expired. When I apply to the current parent R01, may I submit a resubmission or must the application be submitted as new?”
- “What are training grants?”
New Funding Opportunities
- RFA-AI-18-017, Next-Generation Biologics for Sustained HIV Remission (R01, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PA-18-753, Novel Biomarkers for the Development of HIV Incidence Assays with Improved Specificity (R01, Clinical Trial Optional)
- PA-18-754, Novel Biomarkers for the Development of HIV Incidence Assays with Improved Specificity (R21, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- RFA-AI-18-010, Impact of Initial Influenza Exposure on Immunity in Infants (U01, Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
See other announcements at Opportunities & Announcements.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com.