Guideline Submission Notice
Funding to support AHRQ's NGC contract ends on July 16, 2018. To allow time for summaries and NEATS assessments to be posted to the NGC Web site by July 2018, guidelines are no longer being accepted for inclusion. Additional information will be posted when AHRQ can announce next steps for NGC. In the meantime, contact Mary.Nix@ahrq.hhs.gov.
Preliminary Research Findings: What factors influence guideline panel decision making?
When: April 23, 2018 2pm ET (1pm CT; 12n MT; 11am PT)
Registration not required. Join: At time of meeting, join the WebEx meeting here (meeting number 632 971 683). If you are not participating via computer audio, join on global call-in numbers to identify your toll-free number.
Overview: Moving from evidence synthesis to clinical practice guideline (CPG) recommendations involves judgment by the guideline authoring panel. In this 90-minute webinar, obtain preliminary results of research currently underway aimed at assessing the impact of GRADE factors on group judgment process vs. individual panel members; evaluating additional constructs that are not formally included in the GRADE system (such as, but not limited to, contextual factors); and, improving understanding of the CPG group decision making (judgment) process.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this Webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe research in progress that looks at GRADE vs non-GRADE factors involved in guideline panel recommendation-making
- Articulate early findings of the factors that can affect group judgment process
Speaker: Benjamin Djulbegovic, MD, PhD, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope
Moderator: Mary Nix, G-I-N/NA Steering Committee Chair-Elect
The Guidelines International Network (G-I-N) 2018 Conference will take place from September 11-14, 2018 in Manchester. The theme is "Why We Do What We Do: The Purpose and Impact of Guidelines." Registration is open. For more information, visit the G-I-N Conference Web site.
Health Awareness Topics: April 2018
- Alcohol Awareness Month (see related guidelines)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Awareness Month (see related guidelines)
- National Autism Awareness Month (see related guidelines)
- National Child Abuse Prevention Month (see related guidelines)
- Oral Cancer Awareness Month (see related guidelines)
- STI Awareness Month (see related guidelines)
NGC's Sister Resource
Look for Quality Measures in AHRQ's National Quality Measures Clearinghouse (NQMC).