Is your health department working on accreditation through the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB)?
Join a three-part webinar series that will guide state agencies in meeting requirements for Domain 6: Enforcing Public Health Laws to achieve accreditation through PHAB. This series, presented by the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials with support from CDC, is intended for health agency leaders and attorneys, accreditation staff, state legislative liaisons, and other professionals who are involved in developing and monitoring public health laws.
Webinar 1: Introduction to Public Health Laws for PHAB Accreditation (April 23)
- A speaker from PHAB will provide an overview of PHAB Domain 6; a speaker from CDC will discuss different types of public health laws; and speakers from the Utah Department of Health will outline their work related to Domain 6, including the roles and responsibilities of key health agency staff and others involved
- Register for Webinar 1
Webinar 2: Updating Public Health Laws for PHAB Accreditation (May 9)
- Strategies and tools to review and update public health laws to meet PHAB’s requirements
- Speakers from New Mexico Department of Health and Washington State Board of Health will share their experiences with the accreditation process
- Register for Webinar 2
Webinar 3: Enforcing and Providing Education on Public Health Laws for PHAB Accreditation (May 23)
- How health agencies enforce and communicate information on public health laws
- Speakers from the Wisconsin Division of Public Health's Bureau of Environmental and Occupational Health will give examples of documented activities needed for accreditation
- Register for Webinar 3