FDA holds social media guidance webinar – July 10, 2014
Technology is continually changing, but FDA’s commitment to public health does not. In today’s world, a tremendous amount of information exchange occurs on the web and through social media. In 2014, FDA’s Office of Prescription Drug Promotion released three highly-anticipated draft guidances detailing FDA’s current views and recommendations on specific social media topics.
OPDP, in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) consulted with other FDA Centers, including the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER), the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM), and the Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH).
To further our communications with stakeholders, media and the public in this area, FDA will host a webinar and Q&A session on July 10, 2014, from 2:00-3:00 p.m. (EST).
The purpose of this webinar is to provide an introduction and overview of FDA’s three recently issued social media draft guidances:
- Fulfilling Regulatory Requirements for Postmarketing Submissions of Interactive Promotional Media for Prescription Human and Animal Drugs and Biologics,
- Internet/Social Media Platforms with Character Space Limitations— Presenting Risk and Benefit Information for Prescription Drugs and Medical Devices and
- Internet/Social Media Platforms: Correcting Independent Third-Party Misinformation About Prescription Drugs and Medical Devices.
Subject-matter experts will also be available to answer questions regarding the draft guidances and provide further explanation of key concepts.
Additional information is located at: http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/
CentersOffices/ OfficeofMedicalProductsandToba cco/CDER/ucm397791.htm
To register for this event, please go the following link: http://go.usa.gov/XxMJ
(Registration password needs to be 8 characters and alphanumeric)
Note: Your registration acknowledgement will include the webinar access link. Registration is limited, so please register now.
Audio will broadcast from your computer speakers.
Closed captioning will be provided.
Questions/Comments can be submitted live via a Q/A chat window.
To access the public docket or leave comments regarding the draft guidances, please visit:
- Draft Guidance for Industry and Staff: Internet/Social Media Platforms with Character Space Limitations; Presenting Risk and Benefit Information for Prescription Drugs and Medical Devices (FR Notice)
- Draft Guidance for Industry and Staff: Internet/Social Media Platforms; Correcting Independent Third-Party Misinformation About Prescription Drugs and Medical Devices (FR Notice)
The Small Business and Industry Assistance program in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER SBIA) provides guidance and information to regulated domestic and international small pharmaceutical business and industry through its website, email notifications, and workshops. This notification system provides current information from CDER/FDA via e-mail on a biweekly basis that is relevant to small pharmaceutical business, which includes Federal Register notices, guidances, workshop announcements, etc. This is an automated message delivery system. Replying to this message will not reach the CDER SBIA staff. If you have comments or questions, please contact us Monday through Friday 8:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Email: CDERSBIA@fda.hhs.gov
- Phone: 1-866-405-5367
- Phone: (301) 796-6707
- Website: http://www.fda.gov/cdersbia
Please take our CDER Small Business survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario