New AHRQ publication looks at methods and implementation approaches used for HAI research projects
AHRQ’s latest healthcare-associated infection (HAI) resource is now available. Advances in the Prevention and Control of HAIs contains 19 original articles focused on the methods and implementation approaches that AHRQ-funded researchers used in their projects aimed at HAI prevention and risk identification for quality improvement.
For over a decade, AHRQ has invested in research and implementation projects to prevent HAIs in diverse health care settings. This new publication features a selection of articles that will advance the professional knowledge about HAIs, including topics such as:
• Reducing cardiac and surgical site infections (SSI), including surveillance techniques
• Overcoming staff barriers in ICUs to prevent infections
• Decreasing antibiotic overuse in primary care
• Reducing HAIs in dialysis centers
• Improving antibiotic use in nursing homes
• Developing the capacity to implement antimicrobial stewardship
• Detecting and treating MRSA in nursing homes and the community
Advances in the Prevention and Control of HAIs is available at no charge. Print copies can be ordered by emailingAHRQPubs@ahrq.hhs.gov or by calling the AHRQ Publications Clearinghouse at 1-800-358-9295 and asking for AHRQ Publication No. 14-0003.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario