Register Now: July 15 Webinar Introducing the AHRQ Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patient Safety Culture
AHRQ is hosting a webinar on July 15 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. ET about the AHRQ Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patent Safety Culture.This new measurement tool provides a means for staff in ambulatory surgery centers to provide opinions about the culture of patient safety in their facilities, enabling them to assess areas of strength and identify areas for improvement as part of their own quality improvement activities. During the session, speakers will present results from the 2014 Ambulatory Surgery Center Pilot Study and introduce available toolkit materials. In addition, survey users will share their experiences using the survey and plans to improve their patient safety culture.
- Jim Battles, Ph.D., Senior Service Fellow, AHRQ Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, Rockville, Maryland
- Scott Smith, Ph.D., Senior Study Director, AHRQ Surveys on Patient Safety Culture, Westat, Rockville, Maryland (Moderator and Presenter)
- Erin Brown, R.N., Director of Nursing Services, Digestive Health Clinic and Idaho Endoscopy Center, Boise, Idaho
- Terry Tinsley, R.N., Clinical Nurse Manager, Underwood Surgery Center, Orlando, Florida
Registration is open. If you have any questions, contact the Surveys on Patient Safety Culture team via email or call 1-888-324-9749.
Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patient Safety Culture
AHRQ developed the Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patient Safety Culture in response to interest from ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) in assessing patient safety culture in their facilities. This survey is designed specifically for ASC staff and asks for their opinions about the culture of patient safety in their facility.
ASCs are facilities: (1) where patients have surgeries, procedures, and treatments and are not expected to need an inpatient stay, and (2) that have been certified and approved to participate in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' ASC program.
Ambulatory Surgery Center ToolkitFrequently Asked Questions
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey—English ( PDF Version [ - 89 KB];Word Version [ - 57 KB] ).
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey—Spanish ( PDF Version [ - 89 KB]; Word Version [ - 57 KB] ).
Survey Composites and Items
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey Composites and Items—English (PDF Version [ - 102 KB] ]).
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey Composites and Items—Spanish Version and Description of Translation Process (PDF Version [ - 164 KB] ).
Survey User's GuideThe User's Guide provides a general overview of the issues and major decisions involved in conducting a survey and reporting the results. The User's Guide includes information on getting started, selecting a sample, determining data collection methods, establishing data collection procedures, conducting a Web-based survey, preparing and analyzing data, and producing reports.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patient Safety: User's Guide (PDF Version [ - 640 KB] ).
2014 Ambulatory Surgery Center Pilot Study Results
- Results from the 2014 Ambulatory Surgery Center Pilot Study (PDF Version [ - 1.874 MB] ).—Pilot study results are provided for the items and safety culture composites on the AHRQ Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patient Safety Culture from 59 ambulatory surgery centers that participated in a pilot test of the survey in the United States in 2014.
Page last reviewed April 2015
Internet Citation: Ambulatory Surgery Center Survey on Patient Safety Culture. April 2015. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/quality-patient-safety/patientsafetyculture/asc/index.html
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario