- Extended Systems Maintenance
An extended QIES downtime begins on Wednesday March 16, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. EST and ends Monday, March 21, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All QIES systems will be down during this time. Users will not be able to connect to any QIES systems including the submissions systems and CASPER Reporting. Please plan your business needs around this downtime. If you have any questions concerning this downtime, please contact the QTSO help desk at email@example.com or 800-339-9313.
- Staffing Data Submission Reminder
Electronic submission of staffing data through the Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) is required of all Long Term Care Facilities in 2016. ALL nursing homes will need to register to submit data in order to meet this requirement and maintain compliance. Please follow the below instructions to register:
- Step 1: Obtain a CMSNet User ID for PBJ Individual, Corporate and Third Party users, if you don’t already have one for other QIES applications (https://www.qtso.com/cmsnet.
html ) (many users may already have this access for MDS submission).
- Step 2: Obtain a PBJ QIES Provider ID for CASPER Reporting and PBJ system access(https://mds.qiesnet.org/mds_
- Training: PBJ Training Modules for an introduction to the PBJ system and step by step registration instruction are available on QTSO e-University, select the PBJ option https://www.qtso.com/webex/
More information is available on the PBJ website. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/
Quality-Initiatives-Patient- Assessment-Instruments/ NursingHomeQualityInits/ Staffing-Data-Submission-PBJ. html