New results from AHRQ’s Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) Health Plan Survey are now available based on the voluntary submission of data to the CAHPS Database. The survey asks enrollees about their recent experiences with their health plan and medical care. The 2017 Health Plan Survey Database includes 378,473 survey responses submitted for Medicaid, Medicare, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) populations.
CAHPS Health Plan Survey Results:
- The highest scoring composite across all populations is: How Well Doctors Communicate
- The lowest scoring composite is: Getting Needed Care
- The highest scoring rating is:
- Personal Doctor for the Child Medicaid, CHIP, and Medicare populations
- Specialist for the Adult Medicaid population
For more information, email the CAHPS Database or call the helpline at 1-888-808-7108.