Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Database|AMD Clips|PHGKB
Publication Date: Mar 15, 2018
About Advanced Molecular Detection Clips
Clips are selected weekly from a variety of sources, including PubMed, journal tables of contents, and online media. Special emphasis is given to the use of next-generation genetic sequencing in infectious disease public health surveillance, investigation, and development of new diagnostics and interventions. The collection is not comprehensive but aims to capture highlights, while surveying a wide range of topics. CDC-authored articles are flagged. Items marked I&E address aspects of implementation or evaluation in clinical or public health practice. View Data Selection Criteria
Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Content
- 'Disease X': The Mystery Malady That Could One Day Kill Millions
da Silva C. Newsweek, Mar 11, 2018.
- NASA-funded AI-powered healthcare innovation platform launches at SXSW
Parmar A. MedCity News, Mar 11, 2018.
- UCLA Leverages Lab Standardization to Evaluate New POC Testing
GenomeWeb, Mar 12, 2018.
- NIH scientists describe potential antibody approach for treating multidrug-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae
NIH, Mar 13, 2018.
- International Team Developing Reagent Test That Could Broaden Access to TB Screening
O'Connor L. 360dx, Mar 8, 2018.
- Columbia Team Develops Serological Zika Test Using Peptide Microarrays
360dx, Mar 8, 2018.
- Of Microbes and Men: Advancing Epidemiologic Research on the Human Microbiome
Fisher V. NCI, Mar 5, 2018.
EVENTS / TRAINING / WEB RESOURCES
EVOLUTION / ECOLOGY / POPULATIONS
- Reconstituting the Evolutionary History of Cronobacter Driven by Differentiated CRISPR Activity.
Zeng Haiyan et al. Applied and environmental microbiology 2018 Mar
- Preliminary studies on isolates of Clostridium difficile from dogs and exotic pets.
Andrés-Lasheras Sara et al. BMC veterinary research 2018 Mar (1) 77
- Genomic Surveillance of 4CMenB Vaccine Antigenic Variants among Disease-Causing Neisseria meningitidis Isolates, United Kingdom, 20102016
Rodrigues C, et al. Emerg Infect Did, Apr 4, 2018.
- Genetic Characterization of Enterovirus A71 Circulating in Africa
Fernandez-Garcia M, et al. Emerg Infect Dis, Apr 2018.
- Emerging Coxsackievirus A6 Causing Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease, Vietnam
Anh NT, et al. Emerg Infect Dis, Apr 2018.
- Genomic Insights into Zika Virus Emergence and Spread.
Grubaugh Nathan D et al. Cell 2018 Mar (6) 1160-1162
- Rotavirus genotypes circulating in Ontario, Canada, before and after implementation of the rotavirus immunization program.
Isabel Sandra et al. Vaccine 2018 Mar
- The spread and evolution of rabies virus: conquering new frontiers.
Fisher Christine R et al. Nature reviews. Microbiology 2018 Apr (4) 241-255
- Genomic characterisation of human monkeypox virus in Nigeria
Faye O, et al. Lancet Infect Dis, Mar 2018.
- Whole-genome sequencing analysis of human bocavirus detected in South Korea.
Kang L H et al. Epidemiology and infection 2018 Mar 1-9
- Genetic diversity of Cryptosporidium hominis in a Bangladeshi community as revealed by whole genome sequencing.
Gilchrist Carol A et al. The Journal of infectious diseases 2018 Mar
- World's Largest Mass Bathing Event Influences the Bacterial Communities of Godavari, a Holy River of India.
Jani Kunal et al. Microbial ecology 2018 Mar
PATHOGENICITY / ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE
EPIDEMIOLOGY / OUTBREAKS / TRANSMISSION
ANTIMICROBIALS / VACCINES / INTERVENTIONS
Note: indicates that at least one CDC-affiliated author; indicates that the article addresses aspects of implementation or evaluation in clinical or public health practice.
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Advanced Molecular Detection Clips are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the scientific literature and news. Inclusion in the clips does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the Clips, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario