Home Health, Hospice & Durable Medical Equipment Open Door Forum**Updated August 27, 2012 - The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will hold a Special Open Door Forum on Medicare's Prior Authorization for Power Mobility Devices Demonstration on August 29, 2012, from 3:00pm-4:30pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial: 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 25376830. Please see the Downloads section below for the announcement with full participation instructions and other related materials.
**Updated August 20, 2012 - The next Home Health Hospice & DME/Quality Open Door Forum is scheduled for Wednesday, August 22, 2012, from 2:00pm-3:00pm, ET. If you wish to participate, dial 1-800-837-1935; Conference ID: 76251357. Please see the Downloads section below for the agenda and full participation announcement.
**Updated April 6, 2012 -The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is pleased to announce the scheduled release of modifications to the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) code set. These changes have been posted to the HCPCS website at http://www.cms.gov/HCPCSReleaseCodeSets/02_HCPCS_Quarterly_Update.asp . Changes are effective on the date indicated on the update.
In response to shortage of liposomal doxorubicin (Doxil), the FDA is permitting the temporary importation of Lipodox, a brand of liposomal doxorubicin hydrochloride.
See http://www.fda gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm292658.htm . The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) HCPCS Quarterly update includes 2 new codes (Q2048 and Q2049) for liposomal doxorubicin that will become effective July 1, 2012. The code descriptors are worded in a manner that distinguishes Lipodox and Doxil. As of July 1, 2012, HCPCS code J9001 will not be used for Medicare billing. CMS will release a Change Request (CR) with additional instructions in the near future.
Home Health, Hospice, and Durable Medical Equipment Open Door Forum (ODF) Overview:
The Home Health, Hospice & Durable Medical Equipment ODF addresses the concerns of three unique health care areas within the Medicare & Medicaid programs. Issues related to Home Health PPS, the newly proposed competitive bidding for DME, and the Medicare Hospice benefit are all topics the forum has covered. Many of the issues covered bridge concerns within all three settings, and the combination of the topics under one Forum has been useful to many participants. We continue to hold Special ODFs when individual policy issues require special attention. Timely announcements and clarifications regarding important rulemaking, agency program initiatives, and other related areas are also included in the forums.
- Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - Announcement - Medicare's Prior Authorization for Power Mobility Devices Demonstration Special Open Door Forum [PDF, 24KB]
- Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - Announcement - Home Health, Hospice & DME/Quality Open Door Forum [PDF, 24KB]
- July 11, 2012 - Home Health, Hospice & Durable Medical Equipment Open Door Forum Agenda [PDF, 23KB]
- A/B MAC Jurisdictions Map [PDF, 32KB]
- Home Health Agency (HHA) Center
- Hospice Center
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Center
- DMEPOS Competitive Bidding
- Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics/Orthotics & Supplies Fee Schedule
- Survey & Certification - General Information
- HCPCS - General Information
- Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS)