On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
Featured Fogarty News and Information
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Limited Competition: Research Training for Career Development of Junior Faculty in Medical Education Partnership Initiative (MEPI) Institutions (D43) (RFA-TW-14-003)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 17, 2014
Only institutions and consortium partners in sub-Saharan Africa who participated in the original Medical Education Partnership Initiative (MEPI) program are eligible. View a list of eligible institutions and review answers to frequently asked questions.
- Increasing Access and Uptake of HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC) and Appropriate HIV-related Services for Adolescents in Low and Middle-income Countries (R01) (RFA-HD-15-017)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 02, 2015
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Spatial Uncertainty: Data, Modeling, and Communication (R21) (PA-15-009),(R01) (PA-15-010) and (R03) (PA-15-011)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- New Opportunities for AHRQ Large Research and Demonstration Grant Applications for Standing AHRQ Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) (NOT-HS-14-018)
Note: Foreign institutions may participate in projects as members of consortia or as subcontractors.
- Vascular Dysfunction in the Pathogenesis of Severe Malaria (R01) (RFA-HL-15-023)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 13, 2015
- Studies of HIV in Digestive Diseases Limited to Gastrointestinal Mucosal Immunology and Liver Diseases (R01) (RFA-DK-14-019)
Application Receipt Date(s): April 07, 2015
- System-Level Health Services and Policy Research on Health Disparities(R01) (RFA-MD-15-001)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 20, 2015
- Hepatitis C Cooperative Research Centers: Immunity to HCV Infection (U19) (RFA-AI-14-045)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 03, 2015
NIH funding opportunities for which United States small business concerns (SBCs) may collaborate with a foreign business entity.
- Technologies for Improving Minority Health and Eliminating Health Disparities(R41/R42) (RFA-MD-15-003)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 23, 2015
- Innovations for Healthy Living - Improving Minority Health and Eliminating Health Disparities (R43) (RFA-MD-15-004)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 27, 2015
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Research (PEER) offers competitive grants to scientists in developing countries to support research and capacity-building activities on topics of importance to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and conducted in partnership with U.S. Government-funded partners, including NIH.
Pre-proposal application deadline: January 9, 2015
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for The NINDS Human Biomarkers Biospecimen Repository (U2C) (NOT-NS-14-051)
- OMB Clarifies Guidance on the Dual Role of Student and Postdoctoral Researchers (NOT-OD-15-008)
- Request for Information (RFI): Physician-Scientist Specific Grant Program to Facilitate the Transition From Training to Independence (NOT-OD-15-009)
- Request for Information (RFI) on Large Scale Clinical Trials on Aging (NOT-AG-14-025)
- Notice of Technical Assistance Workshop for the Common Fund Glycoscience Program (NOT-RM-15-002)
- Notice of Pre-application Webinars for RFA-DK-14-016 "Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet Clinical Centers (U01)" (NOT-DK-15-001)
- Notice of Interview Date for RFA-DA-14-008 "FY14 NIDA Avant-Garde Award Program for HIV/AIDS Research (DP1)" (NOT-DA-14-050)
- Notice of Participation of NIMHD in PA-13-118 "Mechanisms, Models, Measurement, & Management in Pain Research (R01)" (NOT-MD-14-007)
- Notice of Change to the Award Budget for RFA-MH-15-800 "Consortium on Biomarker and Outcome Measures of Social Impairment for Use in Clinical Trials in Autism Spectrum Disorder (U19)" (NOT-MH-14-034)
- Hubs of Interdisciplinary Research and Training in Global Environmental and Occupational Health (GEOHealth)
Updated application deadline for U01 and U2R: November 19, 2014
- Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID), a joint NIH-NSF initiative
Application deadline: November 19, 2014
- Research Training for Career Development of Junior Faculty in Medical Education Partnership Initiative (MEPI) Institutions
Application deadline: December 17, 2014
- Global Brain Disorders Research
R01 and R21 AIDS and non-AIDS application deadline: January 5, 2015
- Mobile Health (mHealth): Technology and Outcomes in Low and Middle Income Countries
Application deadline: February 19, 2015
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA)
Application deadline: March 4, 2015
- International Research Ethics Education and Curriculum Development Award (Bioethics)
Application deadline: May 22, 2015